I am an ardent Frank Lloyd Wright fan and have been influenced by his work all my adult life.
My home and it’s furniture that I built are inspired by his work. Lately this influence
has spread to my artwork.
My most recent influence is a book of FLW floor plans that I received as a Christmas present.
The floor plans were of single level homes however, they appeared as 3 dimension drawings.
After studying these I began to use the same 60 degree angles in my artwork, to bring about an illusional
effect where the perspective changea as you scan the work.
I find it interesting as I move toward the abstract rather than the representational the difference
of working from a reference and creating your own reference in your head and vision.
This is where the creativity starts.
Founder of “Fine Art Montage”
Former President of “The Art Guild of Menomonee Falls”
Member of League of Milwaukee Artists
Member of Wauwatosa Artists Workshop
Member of MARN -Milwaukee Artists Resource Network
Many art related classes – enhance by peer critiques:
Wax pastel - Sharon Lynn Wilson
Oil painting – WCTI
Acrylic – WCTI
Layton School of art – several classes
Brookfield Art Guild – Paint and evaluation sessions.
Color Pencil – Kristy Kutch
…….. MANY MORE
• General Electric Employees art show - 2nd Place
• MARN – “Beyond the Canvas” Award for “Domiciliary”
• League of Milwaukee Artists for “Amethyst Emeralds Topaz and Marble”
• “Off the Beaten Path” Award and Published in the Richeson 75 Landscape show book.
• Selected for the WOW “Women of Wisconsin Women of Wisconsin ” show at Alverno College
• League of Milwaukee Artists Award for “Marbles and Stones”
• “Peek a Boo Blue” and “Marbles and Stones” Published in the Richeson 75 Still Life/Floral show book.
• “Off the Beaten Path” Blue Ribbon for the Wauwatosa Work Shop “Tosa Library Show”
• “Different Perspectives” award at the Plymouth, Wi “Alive in the Arts “ show.
• “Ginkgo Explosion” award at WRAP show Grafton Arts Mill.
• “Discovery” award at the Cedarburg Cultural Center in Wauwatosa Artist Workshop Show.
• "Fall Walk" State Award at WRAP show Grafton Arts Mill
• Cedarburg Cultural Center with Wauwatosa Artist Workshop
• Gallery @ the Blue with Montage
• Plymouth Art Center Alive at the Arts
• WRAP Grafton Wisconsin
• WRAP Occonomowoc Art Center
• Occonomowoc Art Center with League of Milwaukee Artists
• Anderson Art Center with League of Milwaukee Artists
• Art in the Park
• Tosa Library Show
• Alive in the Arts Plymouth Wi
• Art on the Walk
• Grafton Arts Mill with Montage
• Waukesha Civic Center with Montage
• Reuss Building with Wauwatosa Artist Workshop
• St. Marks Episcopal Church, Milwaukee with Montage
• Whitefish Bay Church
• Pyramax Bank with Montage
• Oconomowoc Art Center with League of Milw. Artists
• Art in the Park
•LMA Grafton Arts Mill Gallery
• WAW Grafton Arts Mill Gallery
• Pyramax Bank
• Lemon Street Gallery
• Lemon Street Gallery Solo Show
• Boerner Botanical Gardens solo
• League of Milwaukee Artists Grafton Art Show
• Boerner Botanical “ Art in the Garden”
• Hidden River Gallery Show Case
• Menomoee Falls “Art in the Park”
• League of Milwaukee Artists show at St. Johns
• Alverno College “Women of Wisconsin” show
• Almont Gallery - Waukesha 2012
• Art Gallery of the Guild – Menomonee Falls 2012-2014
• Purlon Studio– Menomonee Falls 2014 – mid 2015
• Lemon Street Gallery 2014 – present
• Fine Art Montage virtual gallery 2013 - 2016